Joshua and Fury Fight Still Uncertain, Says White

By Chioma Eze/ 17 Aug 2026(updated 2m ago)/ 2 min read/ 18 views
Joshua and Fury Fight Still Uncertain, Says White
Sponsored — In Article

Zuffa Boxing's Dana White has raised doubts about the Anthony Joshua versus Tyson Fury fight. He believes this match should have taken place 10 years ago. He also questions if both fighters are truly committed to making it happen, according to PUNCH Sports Extra.

Earlier this year, Joshua and Fury signed contracts to fight each other. But so far, there is no confirmed date or venue for this big British heavyweight fight. The Mirror reports that Netflix, which will show the fight, wants it to happen in New York on November 20. But Joshua and his promoter, Eddie Hearn, want the fight to take place in the UK, as their agreement states.

After UFC 330, White said his role in the deal has mainly been about arranging the TV and venue.

"We did the television deal and the venue deal," he stated. The main issue seems to be where the fight will happen.

Joshua, who has a record of 30 wins and 4 losses with 27 knockouts, signed to fight Fury, who has a record of 36 wins, 2 losses, and 1 draw with 25 knockouts, in the UK. But Fury did not insist that the fight must be in Britain. Financier Turki Alalshikh and Netflix reportedly prefer the fight to be in the United States. Madison Square Garden in New York is said to be agreed upon by everyone except Joshua and Hearn, who want it at home.

Fury's promoter, Frank Warren, said the disagreement over where to hold the fight might stop it from happening altogether.

"They’ve got their contract, Tyson’s got his agreement, which states something different," Warren told BoxNation.

"The fight will happen. I’ve heard what Eddie’s said, and they’re either going to agree to it, fighting in the United States, or not. If they don’t agree to it, the fight will not happen."

Warren also explained how the delays happened. He said Fury signed for the fight in January, with the match originally planned for September. A warm-up fight was set for that month, but it fell through after Joshua had a tragic accident that took the lives of two of his close friends, pushing everything back. Warren said they now expect the fight to take place in November, with the venue to be announced later.

White expressed his frustration with the ongoing uncertainty.

"Listen, this saga, we’ll see how this whole thing plays out. I mean, they either want to fight or they don’t," White said.

"To make a fight, two guys have to want to fight. Period. End of story. Contracts and this and that, there’s a lot of money at stake in this fight. Do you want to fight or do you not want to fight?"

"The fight should have happened 10 years ago. Is it going to happen now? We’ll see," White added.

Sponsored — Mid Article
Did you enjoy this gist?
C
Chioma Eze

Founder & EIC. Lagos-based.

More Like ThisHot Gist

Drop your comment

Your email won't be shown publicly. Comments may be reviewed before posting.

No comments yet — be the first to drop the gist 👇